Re: [Tigers] engine installing and steering rack

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine installing and steering rack
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:43:29 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Tony,
Well, in my case that would be 4 bolts for the pulley (5.0L motor).
But that would only give maybe 2inches more clearance but I need
at least 4inches to get the T-5 out of the X-frame.  Dunno... even
with the rack and pulley in place I did get the engine out and back.
I am talking just the 4 rack mount bolts (and the steering column
I guess) not the PITA tie rod ends.
I am not sure I could even get the pulley bolts out with the steering
rack in the way... looks like you might have to rotate the crank at
least..

Gary