[Tigers] Kissimmee Auction Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Kissimmee Auction Tiger
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:19:55 EST
A report on the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. The hopped up Tiger with the
Ford crate, NOS and auto tranny didn't sell. The auction allows reserves and
the  Tiger didn't break reserve.  I jotted down $32,500 as the final bid,
but I  think that was from the owner.  I think the last official bid was
$25,000.  I think the $32,500 was the reserve price.
A few things hurt the price....the car was at the tail end of Saturday
night and only about 20% of the bidders remained. The auction was running about
 an hour late so the Tiger didn't get on until 10:30 PM. I think some of
the  modifications didn't help the price......auto tranny, luggage rack  on
trunk, space behind seats filled with some huge type of black structure of
amps  and speakers.  The car was pretty well done, had a nice hard top, but
all  of the tough parts were missing....air filter, fan shroud, oil filter
set-up,  brake booster, etc. The owner said he thought that he had a lot of the
parts.  He's going to contact me if he finds them so I can pass the info on
to  listers.
The car appeared to be very much a Tiger, but it was a little dark in the
tent at 5:00PM. The vin was B9472455.  And yes, the rivets looked very
real:-)
Mark L