[Tigers] Mark 1A Correct Soft Top?

To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Mark 1A Correct Soft Top?
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:47:05 -0500
Hello all.  I am about to order a new soft top for my car and wanted to get
your opinions about which would be correct, which looks best, and which is
the one you would choose on your own car.  My car is a 1966 Mark 1A
(B382001355LRXFE).  The top on the car looked as if it had not been put up
in 30 years and was very tatty.  It looked like it was a crush grain with a
black interior.

So, is the correct top for the Mark 1A a pin point top, a crush grain, or an
British Everflex?  The reason I bring the latter into the question is
because it has a grey interior.  I hear from some experts that the original
tops were grey on the inside, on other experts say they were black. So,
what's the truth?  On the exterior material, I thought the Mark 1A had a
crush grain, but I have just been told that the car would have had pinpoint.
What is the truth?

And if pinpoint is right, then wouldn't a real cloth top look better?  Any
and all opinions and inputs are highly sought and appreciated in advance!
Thanks guys.  Mauro