Re: [Tigers] 260 rebuild

To: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, "spmdr@juno.com"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 rebuild
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:28:09 -0600
If you're building a performance engine then you want to be really sure that
your plugs are not too hot. Dan's email from a few days ago noted that he
bought two sets of Autolite plugs that should have been different heat ranges,
but he couldn't see any difference between them. Normally, a hot plug has the
electrode insulator extending deeper into the plug body, while a cool plug
will have a shallow insulator. The steps are generally far enough from one
heat range to the next, that you can visually inspect them and see which is
hotter or colder.

For what it's worth, I've used NGK plugs with good success... not (yet) on a
zoomy SBF, but NGK's were the plug of choice when I was racing in a Toyota. I
currently have NGK's in my 5.0 but I can't recall the part number offhand.

Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.