Re: [Tigers] Exhaust in Canada

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust in Canada
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:11:21 -0400
Any opinions on having the H-pipe right behind the header collectors vs.
doing an X-pipe behind the passthroughs?

Cheers,
Theo

Theo,

I used 2" stainless pipe for my exhaust and a 1-1/8" H pipe behind the
headers.  I bought stainless flanges and gaskets from Aircraft Spruce and
took them to the fabricator. I believe the correct location for the
crossover is 17" back on equal length header pipes. Since a Tiger headers
are not equal length, he had a formula to locate them. In any case, they are
just ahead of the pass throughs and just behind the collector.  He used a
short piece of smaller pipe from the collector through the pass through and
ran the 2" pipe back to Flowmasters and then added polished tips at the
back. The install looks nice and the crossover eliminates the back pressure
from the large collector as it chokes down to the 2" pipe. Robin Young