Re: [Tigers] Hagerty

To: GRMTim@aol.com, Carmods@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hagerty
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:21:16 EDT
On the subject of insurance claims and companies' performances... most of
the complaints seem to come when there is a  total loss. Determining  the
value of the car and what coverage or kind of coverage the policy provides
becomes the real issue.
  In the case of a partial loss it's pretty hard for any company  to
dispute what it will cost to repair it when the owner can provide  estimates
from
professional shops. It seems that a company could be good to  work with for
a fender bender, but might not be so great in the event of a total  loss.
 I've had no claims so can't comment on any company. I do know that  before
issuing a policy,  my agent insisted on an outside appraisal and a
personal inspection where he took numerous pictures to determine the car's
"condition".
Mark