Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>, Thomas Witt
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger originality / authenticity
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:32:11 -0400
It is quite disgusting to think that there are people would actually convert
a car of any kind for the purpose of stealing money from the poor buyer who
thinks he or she is getting the real deal, whatever that might be.  The fact
that the TAC program exists is nothing more than a testament to the lowlifes
who would create bogus Tigers to make a profit on some poor guy who will
never get his money back. I got mine TACed so that my car will forever be
branded for what it is (a MK1A), even though I won't be selling it.  I would
recommend to everybody to get their cars TACed.  It would be really nice to
be able to get all surviving Tigers in the world on the registry.

The opposite side of the spectrum is the guy who frowns at a car because the
owner has made small, reversible changes to personalize a car to his or her
liking.  I say do what you want to your own car, as long as you don't do
anything that can't be reversed.  If it needs repairs, major or minor,
repair it, though.  Mauro