[Tigers] In the Clutch

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] In the Clutch
From: "Alvin Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:54:36 -0400
The attached observation is just not so---especially if you're still stuck
running those damned stupid 288 rear ends---it's like starting in second
gear, and when my Tiger was a daily driver, I went through clutches
regularly.
    I once ordered a Ford clutch & pressure plate from McLeod only to have
it quickly fail. When I called to complain, their tech guy said that I
should've ordered a Sunbeam Tiger clutch---there was some sort of difference
in the weights on the pressure plate. They warranteed the Ford piece & the
Tiger replacement worked just fine---may still be, for all I know.