Re: [Tigers] Engine Paint Colors - again

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Paint Colors - again
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 01:15:43 -0400
I'm looking at the picture of the engine when I pulled it out of the car.
It's a Tiger 2, #105 (very early). The block is C5AE-6015E, so it was cast
in '65 as a 289. The block was Ford Black. Hard to tell from the picture,
but I cleaned it off before I tore it down. It was black. However, the
heads, intake manifold, timing cover, and the Toploader were "Old Ford
Blue." I got what I thought was the correct color from Year One, but it was
the newer, bluer "Corporate" blue. Duplicolor had the correct blue, labeled
"Old Ford Blue". It was a very close match to what was on the manifold and
transmission, given that paint was 40 years old at the time.

Hard to tell what color was used where. All I can speak to is the engine I
have; I've owned the car since '76. What happened to it before that I can't
say.

Tom