Re: [Tigers] Fire in the hole, ...car!

To: Jeff Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, Tigers Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fire in the hole, ...car!
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:27:53 -0400
In high school, a friend's VW Bug had its back seat catch on fire while we
were driving to school one morning.

Also personal experience tells me a burst remote oil filter line and header
wrap are not a good thing on a Tiger.

Paul

> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:02:49 -0700
> From: jxnichols@sbcglobal.net
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Tigers] Fire in the hole, ...car!
>
> "What about the gas tanks......Located in the fenders and crossover tubes,
my
> fear has always been getting hit in rear with a fire...also the opening
from
> the trunk to the cockpit (with the top up) scares me....Anyone ever heaqrd
of
> a sunbeam exploding in flames when hit in rear?"
>
> Don't drive a 1960's Mustang if fire worries you. The floor of a Mustang
> trunk is the top of the gas tank with only the rear seat back as a
> firewall. Back in the day the worker inserted the gas tank through the
trunk
> opening. It was done that way to make it easier to install the gas tank
> while the car moved down the assembly line. Face it, these old cars are
more
> dangerous to drive than todays cars.
>

> Jeff

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL