Re: [Tigers] Rear Brake Shoe Drag

To: "'Tony Somebody'" <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear Brake Shoe Drag
From: "Hall Motors" <hallmotors@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 07:27:06 -0500
Hey Tony - Thanks for the info/experience.  The attempted adjustment I
reference was done with the brake booster off the car (booster in/out lines
are hooked together with tubing/fittings), but I didn't drive it, just spun
the wheels and applied the brakes with the car off the ground.  The booster
is off the car due to the fact that it went out and all the fluid was sucked
out of the master cylinder into the manifold (or the booster vacuum chamber)
and I had no brakes (no duh).  I sent the booster to CA this week for a
rebuild.  Maybe the booster problem caused the rear brakes to stay engaged,
but if so I'm confused by the following 1) why didn't/doesn't the issue show
up with the front calipers as well, and 2) why does the issue continue with
the back shoes after bleeding and adjustment with the booster off the car.
I'm copying the list again with this add'l info.

Thanks again,

Brad Hall

B382000609LRXFE