Re: [Tigers] Trans gear for speedo

To: "'TERRY MORRIS'" <terrytoolman@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trans gear for speedo
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:22:54 -0400
Terry

Original gear - C3OA-17271-A has 15 teeth and is marked 15R; it is no longer
available.

The 16 tooth gear that SS sells is a better match with today's tire sizes.

Different tooth gears from 16 to 21 are used to correct for tire size and
axle ratios.
The 17r gear should have worked OK but given a speedometer error depending
on your tire size and axle ratio.

These gears work with the stock parts; Ford 4 speed transmission with the
speedo cable going into the left side of the transmission.

Ron Fraser