Re: [Tigers] Chrome oil cap LAT KIT

To: "'michael king'" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, "'Tiger Talk List
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Chrome oil cap LAT KIT
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:23:41 -0400
Michael
        According to a note in TBON "These kits were put together and
supplied to Rootes by Shelby American.  Oil filler cap in LAT literature was
possibly never included with this kit, as it had no provision for the
breather hose to the air cleaner."

        My thoughts are that the picture for the dress up kit was originally
from Ford and then Shelby and Rootes copied the format for there parts line.

        I have very little information about the engine configuration for
the Original T15KL and E7KL, 260 engine groups.
All Tiger engines were built after Ford introduced the closed ventilation
system.   I do not believe any Tiger engine had the open style system but I
have no information to confirm this.

Anyone have an original T15KL or E7KL engine and can confirm that there is a
breather cap with hose to the air cleaner or not?

Ron Fraser