Re: [Tigers] Ankle safety - Bellhousing Alignment

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ankle safety - Bellhousing Alignment
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:52:59 -0700
At 11:12 AM 5/14/2010, you wrote:...
>Dan indicates probably the most important
>point when installing bellhousing and toploader is the bellhousing alignment.
>Dan provided me with the attached information sheets on performing this task.
>Also attached is a copy of a tiger flyer, I thought you all might find
>interesting.
>
>Joel Martin

Although the subject is not discussed in detail, the centering of the
bellhousing, with diagram, is included in my instructions for
installing my 5 speed transmission in a Tiger.  (see below) The
procedure is not difficult but it takes a while to really get the
hang of using the offset bushings, if they are required.  I do feel
that this is a critical step in drive line assembly to make the
clutch and transmission smooth and long lived.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net