[Tigers] JAP MAGNA wheels and information

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] JAP MAGNA wheels and information
From: H2Otor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:19:16 EDT
I purchased a new set of JAP wheels for my Tiger in 1968 and used them
continually on the car in the summer. I drove the car for 100,000  miles
until I restored it in 1993.  I never had any problems with cracks  with
these wheels and never bounced them off any curbs.
I also saved the 3 sheet sales brochure when I purchased these wheels from
the MOTORING SHOP in LA JOLLA CALF in 1968.
They were available for almost any British car in sizes  of 10,  12",13"
14" and 15". For the Tigers you could purchase the 13' wheels in widths  from
5.0 inches wide to 10" wide in 0.5 increments. Also the center caps and lug
nuts were priced at 90 cents each, the 5.0" wide wheels were $45.00 each,
how  times have changed.

If anyone wants a picture of the JAP wheels with the original caps and lug
nuts or a scan of the JAP sales brochure E-mail me. I only know how the
send  them to you as an attachment .
John Watertor