Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 233

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 233
From: Paul.Tonizzo@sybase.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:24:29 -0400
No problem. :')
You do raise an interesting point though. British cars (like my MGA) have
a carbon-
faced bearing that wears - not a bearing at all in the conventional sense.
However, the same issue of contact and excessive wear would exist.

I do know that the clutch hydraulics were designed to allow backflow of
fluid - perhaps bearing
contact was the reason for this?

In any case, I can see that the Tiger release bearing WOULD benefit from
using a spring.

Paul