Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:29:19 -0400
Take a look under the hood. Do you see the fixtures in the frame just behind
the Tiger's engine mount brackets? Those are for the Alpine engine. Crawl
under and look just behind the engine bell housing at the frame again. Those
square fixtures with the holes drilled in them ( and the slag not ground off
from the cuts...) are Alpine; I think they were the transmission mounts, cut
away to make room for the Ford Toploader transmission.

There are things on the Tiger that're Tiger specific (and the T.A.C. guys
know what they are), but the body assembly started off as an Alpine. I'll
leave it to the folks who know to say when and how it happened; I only know
it happened.

Tom