Re: [Tigers] Water pump

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, spook01@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water pump
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:30:14 -0300
I moved my Stewart water pump flange as well. I used a short steel rod that
just fit into the center hole of the impeller, bottomed the rod in my small
garage press, slipped a large washer over the shaft up against the flange,
used a socket that just fit over the shaft, and pressed. It took a fair
amount of pressure to start it moving, then it let go and the pressure was
manageable after that.

I took the measurement from my stock pump that had been on the car for
seemingly "ever". From the mounting surface of the pump to the face of the
flange measured 4 15/16ths inch.

This is the Stewart stock replacement water pump WITHOUT a backing plate,
part #16103.

Best of luck with yours.

Dave