Re: [Tigers] thermostat reccomendations

To: "'Tom Parker'" <tkparker1941@gmail.com>, "'Tony Somebody'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] thermostat reccomendations
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:24:24 -0400
        Ford small block engines are designed to have the least amount of
internal wear at 180 degrees.   Oils, ATF, power steering fluid and
basically all engine fluids are designed to run best around 200 degrees.
Higher temperatures degrade the fluids at an exponential rate.

I have a 180 degree thermostat and the engine runs at 180 degrees.

Ron Fraser