Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:52:30 -0400
Buck is correct. For now obscure reason establish a million years ago by
the SAE, the flow rate through a 2BBL carburetor is measured at 3.0
in./Hg. pressure drop and the 4BBL carbs are measured at 1.5 in./Hg.
pressure drop. So, a 500 CFM 2BBL compares to a 350 CFM 4BBL in flow. A
quick approximation is to take the rated CFM of a 2BBL and divide by the
square root of 2 (1.41421) to get the equivalent rating if it was a
4BBL.

Bugz