Re: [Tigers] Ferrari Clones Show Clear Legal Jeopardy re Cloning

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ferrari Clones Show Clear Legal Jeopardy re Cloning
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:19:26 -0700
Tigers,

Back in the day, we could cut the Ford Serial Number, stamped on the
chassis, and weld it on to whatever we were building.  AND made it legal
to license.

I guess today's regulations are more stringent, but I put the Fiero
Engine in the REDTOI, with correct emissions/catalytic requirements of
the V-6.  The Kit Car was built on a VW chassis, and the metal stamped
frame was also sufficient.  Maybe things are different, but those cars,
today, would be called VERY restored or Tribute Cars at Mecum. <
http://Mecum.com >

Here's a link to my pics:

http://tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/stevelaifman5.asp

http://tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/stevelaifman6.asp

You actually may get a kick out of the whole article, starting on:

http://tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/SteveLaifman.asp

or just click on the #1 at the bottom of the page.

Jay has that car, today, and almost one of every car I ever owned - all
at the same time.

Steve Laifman
Editor
http://TigersUnited.com