[Tigers] (no subject)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 06:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
"The difference here, obviously, is that the
> manufacturer is directly interested and involved.  The Rootes company is
> long gone, and I bet Chrysler could not care less anymore."

Chrysler sold Rootes/Simca during their bankruptcy phase in 1980 to
Peugeot.  There was a discussion a few years ago on who owns Rootes, Sunbeam,
etc. because an individual was trying to license the names.  I don't recall
who ended up with the brand names.

                                                  Jeff