[Tigers] New Guy

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] New Guy
From: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:59:02 -0400
Hello

I am brand new to the list and although not an owner of a Tiger, I am hoping
that will chnge in the not to distant future. My biggest concern is that I
might be starting behind the 8 ball since I am 6'5" tall and 250lbs. I was
looking for any insight if I will fit, and if not, any adjustments that might
accomodate my height. I saw a topic on the CAT forum about tall drivers and
saw that a smaller steering wheel can obviously help. Other than that I am all
ears. I do know that in the few days I have been a member of the list I can
tell that I have a lot to learn.

I am on the east coast and I will be looking at a Tiger next weekend up in CT.
You might have seen it advertised on Hemmings. It is a silver 66 Mk1A
(mistakenly listed as a 67.) I have done the basics, checking with Norm
Miller/TIROST and STOA list to certify it is the real McCoy. All appears in
line. I hope it is not inappropriate to ask, but I was looking to this much
more knowledgeable group for any comments on the vehicle and if perhaps
anybody has any personal knowledge. The owner before the current one was up in
Seattle. I have included ID numbers, a couple of photos, and the details of a
1999 restoration as provided by the current owner (See Below and photos
attached).

Any help on either subject is most appreciated. Thanks,

Jim Lindner

Vin = B382001746

Original Colour code = 58

JAL = 661754Engine B91KC (6366)

Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association Certification number = 294

The restoration was in 1999 and included the following.

* 260 4 speed

* New paint (Porsche silver)

* New interior

* New soft top

* All new break lines (hard lines from master cylinder,

* New gas lines

* Rebuilt front suspension (powder coated)

* Rebuilt steering column

* Rebuilt transmission with wide ratio gears* New rear bearings

* New rear springs with traction bars

* Gas tanks cleaned and sealed

* New rubber throughout

* Motor: new hypo 289 cam, lifters & headers

* New 4 barrel carb and manifold

* New radiator

* Rebuilt hydraulics (break, clutch, and servo)

* New chrome

* New dash

* Stock shifter

* Rebuilt drive shaft