Re: [Tigers] HOSE CLAMPS - Redux

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] HOSE CLAMPS - Redux
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:49:35 -0700
Ron,

Here is the link to a site that sells British hose clamps, etc. that was
posted before:

http://www.englishparts.com/products/CLAMP--RADIATOR-HOSE-WIRE-TYPE--1-38-TO-1-916-IN-HOSE/7275/326-430.html

The double wire radiator hoses are #326-430 (but specified for Healy,
Sprite, Midget, etc.) are probably the same, @ $2.05 each.
The water valve clamps are $1.40 each.

Lots of other  MG, Healey, and Triumph bits and pieces.   Believe they
are the same as the Tiger clamps ,  watch sizes!

Let us know how your project ends up, and read the post about TBON
quote, below:

TBON (The Book of Norman) shows the water and oil cap vent hoses with
the "wire-type", and heater as the simple plain clamp band.  He says
(pp153):

   1. "All 1/2" hoses were CAD plated English "band clamps.".
   2. "All 5/8" hose clamps used CAD plated English "double wire clamps"
      at all but three locations."
   3. "The water pump by-pass hose was clamped with CAD plated Ford
      screw clamps at both ends"
   4. "The heater core return hose was clamped with a CAD plated Ford
      screw clamped with clamp at the elbow manifold fitting.
   5. "Upper and lower radiator hoses were clamped with CAD plated
      English double wire clamps"

Steve

Steve Laifman

Editor