Re: [Tigers] Engine Shipping

To: "Brian Glenn" <ora_archy@yahoo.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Shipping
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:47:11 -0700
Hi Brian,

About two years ago I shipped a complete Ford NASCAR race motor from
Charlotte to Los Angeles via Forward Air "terminal to terminal"

The complete motor was inside a purpose built plastic engine shipping crate.
This was strapped to a pallet. The accessories (including headers) were
boxed and placed on the pallet and the whole batch was strapped and shrink
wrapped. It made it out here in just a couple days and the price was about
$500. One weird thing was that they require payment at the shipping end.
They would not allow me to pay for it in Los Angeles.

At the Forward Air Terminal, a forklift driver gently placed it in the back
of my pick-up. The whole operation was very sweet.

I wouldn't expect yours to cost as much since the distance is probably a
good deal shorter and diesel was very high back then.

I also looked at U-Ship where I might have been able to money but used
Forward Air because they run off a schedule and we only had a couple days to
ship the engine off to a race.

good luck.

Buck Trippel