Re: [Tigers] Need help

To: denis mercier <denismercier@telvic.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Need help
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:12:05 -0500
Hi Denis,
I've attached a link to the description of a similar product...

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/download/datasheets/TA2F9-33_DS_WEB.pdf

Dan's setup is designed to bolt onto the rear axle housing using four of the
rear cover bolts, and a ring surrounding the pinion bearing snout. The arm
itself fits closely beside the driveshaft and is located at the forward end
using a rubber bushing, inside a mount that you bolt/weld onto the rear center
of the X frame. Installation time was maybe two hours, tops, after I'd painted
the pieces.

The torque arm completely eliminates axle tramp due to leaf spring windup,
while also avoiding the suspension binding caused by the use of the traction
masters. I guess you could say that it still does introduce an extra
constraint because the pinion angle is fixed by the torque arm, but the torque
arm is a much more effective solution for leaf spring windup than the traction
masters.

Dan (spmdr@juno.com, IIRC) makes them in small batches... you'll have to talk
to him, for answers to 'when' and 'how much'.

Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.