Re: [Tigers] Tiger marked Alpine and Tiger value

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger marked Alpine and Tiger value
From: Steve Ralsten <s_ralsten@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:08:08 -0700 (PDT)
>>>I once found a Tiger in a shop close to me here in southern IL. I was
waiting
to talk to someone about an Alpine back against the fence row. The car had
its
hood up, had a Tiger VIN but had Alpine in place of Tiger on the outside, it
was complete, including outside stainless. Everything I could find said it
was
a real Tiger. <<<<

It was probably an Alpine 260. Thats what my car is. It is a real Tiger in
every way
but was sold in either France or Germany where Rootes was not allowed use of
the Tiger name. They are badged as Alpine 260 and if proper, carry Alpine
script.
The VIN would read LROFE rather than LRXFE. Alpine 260 was going to be the
cars proper name but it was changed to Tiger at or right before the NY
Autoshow debut. Cullen McCann also owns one. Currently 53 known to exist.

http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/catswhiskers/CW68alpine260.htm