Re: [Tigers] speedometer

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>, LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] speedometer
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:16:54 -0700 (PDT)
In 1969 my 69 Tiger's speedometer pcked up on the PA turnpike near
Pittsburgh
on the way back to DC.  The next week I opened the yellow
pages and found a
FAA certified instrument shop. I drove out on a
Sunday and met Mr  Tony
Enrico.  I mentioned to him that my father had j
ust retired after 38 years in
the FAA as an active controller from Indiana
At one time he was the chief of
the Control Town at Indianapolis.

Mr Enrico said 'What's your father's
name?'  I replied 'Addison or AB'
He stared at me 'Which of boys are you? 1 or
2 or 3?'  I said
I number 2  David  Why?  He responded 'Your father gave me my
first job in the CAA in 1947  He turned to his wife and yelled 'Mama this
is
AB Johnson's number 2 boy!  She came out and gave me a big
hug.   I got my
speed rebuilt and a great Italian supper.

Its a small world for Tiger
owners.  Too small for the issues going on
now.  I hope this true story makes
you feel better.

Dave