Re: [Tigers] Monterey Update

To: "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Monterey Update
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:35:40 -0700
As it now stands, I plan to withdraw our SCF Tiger from today's races. John
somehow survived a multi-car crash in a Scarab yesterday afternoon in which
he was pinned upside down after rolling it 2-1/2 times. He was checked out
at the hospital and then released last night with no injuries other than
some bumps and bruises. I think he's earned a day off.

Michael, to answer your question, our rules now say that the spark must be
produced inside the distributor cap. Points would work but nobody produces
the old style high RPM points anymore. While the various Pertronics all
produce hotter sparks than points, at best they have less than half the
output of the old reliable MSD. Actually I have  been very pleased at how
well the SCF Tiger had been performing. On the speed chart we're quicker
than all the GT350s and most of the Cobras and Vettes. There are only a
couple Cobras and Vettes quicker than us and most of those are from the Ap
class. We were looking good enough for one 350 owner to (joke) suggest
deploying a police spike strip in front of our pits to slow the Tiger down.

BTW, Yesterday Tom Hall installed a new R&P in Tom Sakai's rear end. Dan
Walters and Tom were still installing it in the race car last night when I
went to bed. They might have a  bit more to do on it this morning.

 BT at Monterrey