[Tigers] shifter ring

To: sganz@pacbell.net
Subject: [Tigers] shifter ring
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:45:50 -0400
'Is the round shifter ring on the Tiger the same as the Cobra?'

I believe the ring is the same, and it's also used on the 1964-1965 Falcons
with four-speeds.

The parts book(Jan. 1968) for the Tiger shows the chrome ring superceding to
one with a black vinyl covering, and a handful of Tigers still have this one,
but some folks think the black vinyl is just a protective coat meant to keep
it from being scratched while it's being installed. Some owners have left the
coating on, and are lucky that it's stayed on all these years

The Jan. 1965 cataloque shows just the chrome one, and the two used ones I have
are also chrome. Others will have to tell you when they think the supercession
occured.

RB