Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels

To: Bob Hokanson <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>, Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Body Modifications for larger Wheels
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:18:17 -0500
Hi Bob,
Hadn't really thought about that - thanks for bringing it up.

I haven't put in any shims... the torque arm prevents axle windup so it's not
going to go far from the static setting, right? Since I raised the rear end 1
inch from its previous situation, and I didn't change anything on the torque
arm installation, I've effectively added about half a degree of preload in the
downward direction (to a first approximation, one inch rise over a 57 inch run
is one degree). The rubber snubber on the torque arm will prevent any further
motion outside of about a 1/2 inch range unless something breaks.

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/91758/index.html

These guys say 1 to 2 1/2 degrees for a four-link and 6 to 7 degrees for a
leaf spring suspension. Currie (quoted in the article) says 2 degrees, other
guy says it depends on the horsepower...

A 2 degree wedge on the 4 1/2" spacer would be about 3/16" thicker on one end
than it is on the other. If I have to futz with the setup for any reason then
I'll look at putting a wedge in.

Thanks,
Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.