Re: [Tigers] Alger B382000046 now for sale in Pleasanton, CA

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alger B382000046 now for sale in Pleasanton, CA
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:51:19 -0500
It means that, if you didn't know that the VIN plate had been switched, you
would probably think it was legal to register the car in any state, which it
isn't. It may even look so real because it is a stolen Tiger with another
Tiger's VIN plate or parts from a stolen Tiger could have been used along
with a junked Tiger VIN plate to create the fake.

I have nothing against swapping a Ford V8 or any other engine into an
Alpine, after all, I put a Ford 302 into a Geo Tracker. However, I strongly
oppose trying to pass off any car as something it isn't or selling a car
with a switched VIN plate. That, to me, is highly unethical, immoral, and
illegal.

Rant mode is now off and our regular programming will continue.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans