Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling

To: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:56:42 -0300
Buck:

I've tried that positive "toe out" on an MGB, and it is scary. Its a toss up
between relaxed drive-ability and heart-in-your-throat "flick-ability". (and
tire wear).

My car works great in the relaxed mode at between zero and 1/8th in
toe-in.....so I'm happy with the handling. I'm hoping our experiment with
less camber will moderate, if not eliminate, the excessive wear around the
outside edge of the circumference. Its interesting you are at 1/2 degree
negative. I don't think we set it much more than zero, which give us a bit
more to go if it proves not to be enough.

Time will tell.

Dave