[Tigers] What's a Tiger Worth?

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] What's a Tiger Worth?
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:36:01 -0700
Listers,

Many listers have bought, sold, or lusted after a Tiger.  As a high end
equipped car baseline, please send your market estimate for an example
car to the List, so all may apply the information to their own
situation, to buy, refurbish, or sell their own car.

    * 1965 Mk I Tiger - Never raced/wrecked/dented
    * TAC'd
    * Original California Car - hasn't left the state.
    * No "Bondo". No rust. No where!
    * Period correct American Silverstone mag wheels, as in the Ken
      Miles Tiger prototype.
    * Serviced by Ken Miles, Phil Hill, Dan Walters.
    * Still has original "Hollywood Sport Cars" license frame.
    * Recently Repainted with Original Factory Color in modern paint.
    * Factory Hard Top body color with new headliner and factory sun visors
    * Original seats and interior in great condition.
    * 260 V-8, original engine
    * Folding Top, original
    * Original Tool kit
    * Mk II transmission
    * LAT-1 4 barrel & Edelbrock High Rise
    * LAT-2 Air cleaner and aluminum "Tiger" valve covers (LAT-8)
    * LAT 5 weld-on Traction Masters
    * LAT 6,000 rpm tachometer
    * Smiths Ammeter
    * Smiths dash clock
    * Original Back-up Lights
    * Lucas Tri-pod headlights
    * Amber/red tail lights, front turn signals. (Euro Stock)
    * Original Remote Oil Filter M-6880-A50 and FL1A MotorCraft Filter
    * Motorsport Right Angle Filter oil filter adapter.
    * LAT-7/8" Traction Master Front Sway Bar
    * LAT-79 Fiberglass Hood (Bonnet)
    * Koni adjustable shocks on all wheels
    * AM/FM Stereo radio (not original, but fits like one)
    * All trim fasteners, snaps, etc. with limited load are polished
      stainless
    * High end silver car cover for sun, storage, or daily use. Close
      fitting and seems like nylon.  Mercedes Benz accessory manufacturer.

Uninstalled:

    * Original Armstrong Shocks
    * LAT-50 Dana Limited slip differential
    * Original Mk I Transmission
    * Original steel hood - fresh body color
    * Original Ford intake manifold
    * Original Ford 2 BBL carburettor

Yes, it's my car. I am trying to make sure my classic car insurance will
cover theft or fire or totaled.
Besides, I would think the group value estimates will aid any owner
contemplating a buy, upgrade, insurance, or sale would like a view on
the list market value opinion. Item pricing would be appreciated by
Listers, so that they can "assemble" their own equipment for an estimate
of their car.

Thanks,

Steve Laifman
/*http://tigersunited.com/*/