[Tigers] Flowers for the "alger"non

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Flowers for the "alger"non
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:59:03 -0400
"It is being touted as an "ALger" because Norm says so...even tho he has
never

seen it or inspected it....the self appointed expert has declared another
car

he has never seen an Alger...he did that years ago to Dr. Steve Jaffe in

Florida....It was a real Tiger as I know the car for many years...Steve
still

has it and would like to sell it but can't because Norm labelled it as a

"possible convereson" "

In both cases you mention there is a very easy way to solve the issue of
possible fakery.  Have both cars go through a TAC inspection.  Norm most
likely has info that both cars can't pass a TAC like inspection.  That
explains why he doubts the cars authenticity even though he has never seen
them.  In the early 1980's I watched as a Tiger was going through the
process of being "restored".  The Tiger was very rusty and the donor Alpine
was very solid and rust free.  Many months later, there was a very nice
looking Tiger and a pile of rusted out body parts along with a hacked up
Alpine/Tiger chassis.  I have no doubt that the owner was sure he now had a
"real" Tiger and its been a Tiger for many years.

                                                                 Jeff