[Tigers] Fw: Re: ALger?

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Re: ALger?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry- I was an"ALMOST" stolen Tiger victim in the very early 80s- I'm just
glad the would be thief, whom I'm certain realized what a Tiger was, wasn't
smart enough to hot wire the car, instead he tried cutting wires off the
ignition switch and jumper them together to get the engine started. All he had
to do was pop the hood and run one wire to the solenoid to the voltage reducer
and then jump the solenoid and away he would have gone. I had friends move my
Harley one night and I know the feeling in your stomach when you truly believe
someone has stolen your ride- no matter what it may be they are taking. We
haven't got a shot at saving our cars from a pro. They know how to steal any
car they desire and they are very fast . I would bet almost as quick as having
the key. It is definitely smart to have protection on our cars - be it a
hidden switch for the fuel pump or the same device trucking companies use to
know exactly where their divers are, just by
 looking on a computer screen. I'm sure the pros also have detectors that
locate those items as well. If you drive a car that's important and valuable,
then it is never safe, even in you own garage IF they really want the car.
There is competition even amongest thieves. Luckily for us, I haven' t heard
of a Tiger getting stolen in a very long time and I hope I never read that any
Beam has been lifted and I seriously doubt the cost of equipment that shows
the location of our cars is very expensive but then again, a PRO will be gone
in less time than the real owner takes to back out of his/her driveway..

A thought for today. "Never judge another mans thoughts until you have walked
a few miles in his shoes" Your words may well change afterwards and having had
to wear those shoes in days gone by, it is easier to apologize that it is to
heal.

Tony Lang (TtT)