Re: [Tigers] ALGER vin

To: cars@wt-inc.com, mikeflbmer@yahoo.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ALGER vin
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:42:09 EDT
What would happen if someone came in with a Ferrari  that was stolen, had a
new vin plate on it and told the DMV that he had just  welded 2 junks
together?
There is no doubt that some states are much easier  than others.  I think
it comes down to the fact that before you buy a car  with a swapped vin, you
had better know what you are getting into. For example,  in Vermont I
wouldn't buy one unless it had previously been registered in  Vermont.
Don't want to bore you with  the  details, but I once owned a $50K car that
I couldn't register and couldn't  sell. No, it wasn't a stolen car.
Mark

In a message dated 9/8/2010 4:29:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,