Re: [Tigers] Conversion to Alternator

To: jliny5@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Conversion to Alternator
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:49:51 EDT
Jim,
The first thing I would do is be very sure the battery  terminals are clean
and that the connection of the ground strap from the engine  to the frame
is nice and shiney.   Then I would check the output at  the generator to be
sure that the generator is the problem.  You might also  check that you don't
have a faulty battery no matter how new it  is.

If you decide to swap to an alternator the simplest  (and most expensive
route) is to get an aluminum bracket from one of the Tiger  suppliers and get
the alternator that they suggest.  The alignement issues  should be taken
care of.

Or you can ask the list and try to find a cheaper  bracket that works and
go with an alternator that has worked for others.   You should find
recommendations and guidance for the needed alternator and  wiring on this
site.
_http://www.team.net/archive/tigers/_ (http://www.team.net/archive/tigers/)
Mark L