Re: [Tigers] steering racks

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] steering racks
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:07:59 -0700
Assuming a left hand drive, the right side of the rack uses a spring and
small metal piece that applies pressure to the rack.  There are two bolts (I
recall) that hold the cover for this in place in place.  There is a
possibility they have come loose (or fallen out) and that might cause the
rack to jump teeth.  I'm  not sure why the rack is designed this way (it
seems prone to issues from the start) but it is what it is.  Anyway, check
that first.
Tom

>I believe my rack is in need of some TLC. It has come to my attention that
> their are no replacement parts for this unit. So my question is how does
> one  rebuild a rack if their no parts available Mine  seems to jump over
> each
> tooth as you turn it. I know the dale conversion is an  option.   Trying
> save some cash.   Beau
:34:00