Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record

To: jteepen@usatoday.com, atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Land Speed Record
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:49:22 EDT
I didn't know that. Well, surely is  a  bummer.

In a message dated 9/20/2010 8:48:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jteepen@usatoday.com writes:

Er,  no.  In order to earn entry to the 200 MPH Club the participant must
set  a
record for their class in excess of 200 mph.  All records at  Bonneville
(sanctioned by the SCTA) require two runs with an average that  is higher
than
the existing record.  The World of Speed event is  organized by a group from
Utah that oversees the event, but there are SCTA  officials present that
confirm all of the  records.

Jere