Re: [Tigers] Generator - was Tiger ignition switch

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>, "'Beamclub TIGER'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Generator - was Tiger ignition switch
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:02:03 -0400
Allan
        I'm not the expert when it comes to generators or things electrical
and I had numerous problems with my generator system.  The last time I had a
problem with the generator I used my lead hammer on it about every 50 miles
to get the brushes to move and work again; that was a $75 rebuild.
        It is my understanding that a generator is good of about 30,000
miles then it need new brushes.  I would think it easier to find a brush kit
for the generator.  NPD and Mac's show a listing for them.   I think you
also need to understand how to replace the brushes.  I think there is a
trick way to get the brushes installed.   It been too long since I worked
with the generator, I converted to Alternator.

If all else fails go to the Parts List with Ford Part numbers and do a
search on the part numbers.
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/17-WF-Electical
Equipment.pdf

Generator - C1TZ-10002-A
Brushes - C1AF-10069-A
Bearing Front - A8AZ-10094-A
Bearing Rear - B6A-10095-B

        Having a spare would be nice for a direct replacement and keep
going.  Mac's catalog lists a 30 amp generator for $114.95.

Ron Fraser