Re: [Tigers] (no subject) - WARNING?

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>, Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject) - WARNING?
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:47:29 -0700
Tigers,

Please pardon this lengthy WARNING, but it may help from you getting a
really bad "stuff"

I just received the message below through our Tiger.net.  Somehow, I
think I recognize the name of the sender, "gswaybright", but am unable
to find any mail from him this year.  It offered a "link" strangely
configured.

"http://Xit.Xy/cyXZTG";  Note, this has been edited by substituting some
"X"s instead of the original letters.

When I clicked on it:

I got the notice from "Bit.ly"

Warning, this website may harm your computer icon
Stop - there might be a problem with the requested link

The link you requested has been identified by bit.ly as being
potentially problematic. We have detected a link that has been shortened
more than once, and that may be a problem because:

    * Some URL-shorteners re-use their links, so bit.ly can't guarantee
the validity of this link.
    * Some URL-shorteners allow their links to be edited, so bit.ly
can't tell where this link will lead you.
    * Spam and malware is very often propagated by exploiting these
loopholes, neither of which bit.ly allows for.

The link you requested may contain inappropriate content, or even spam
or malicious code that could be downloaded to your computer without your
consent, or may be a forgery or imitation of another website, designed
to trick users into sharing personal or financial information.
Bit.ly suggests that you

    * Change the original link, and re-shorten with bit.ly
    * Close your browser window
    * Notify the sender of the URL

Or, continue at your own risk to
http://twurl.nl/uz5ml5

    * You can learn more about harmful content at www.StopBadware.org
    * You can find out more about phishing from www.antiphishing.org
    * For more information about our policy please contact
support%2Bspam@bit.ly

I am not saying that "Mr. Waybright" sent this, or it's a "spoof".  But
you are pre-warned to be very careful!
If you receive a link formatted as shown.

/Steve Laifman/
/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>