[Tigers] World Finals at teh Salt.

To: tweecer@yahoogroups.com, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] World Finals at teh Salt.
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:16:28 -0700
  A friend just told me that the class record for the  class I have been
running the Sunbeam in now has a new mark to shoot for. It was 213 mph
and that was doable for me. However, a run of 268 was just posted at
Worlds Finals with the car now in impound for a record run later.  So,
certainly not speeds I can deal with without very major modifications
and really large infusions of cash, lol.  Maybe I will try another class
if I can find one that is slower, lol.

Unless I can find a class to run in, then I guess the Sunbeam is done.
I'll see about refreshing the motor with a new block and forged crank
and rods and put it into our Tiger.  Or maybe go drag racing with Jerry
Porch.  Maybe I can get his worlds quickest bragging rights title..
small maybe, lol... Be a lot cheaper and closer since we have a major
drag strip in Las Vegas.

mayf