[Tigers] Speedometer gear

To: Tiger's List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Speedometer gear
From: tym2@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:47:39 +0000 (UTC)
Tigers,

I have a T5 tranny in my Mark 1A with 3.73 gears and 15" wheels. From what I
understand, the only way to identify which tranny it is is by the
identification tag on the tailshaft (unfortunately, there isn't one). The
numbers on the casing don't mean a thing!

Yesterday I removed the speedo gear from the tranny. Its marked "15R" and on
the opposite side, there is a "4". When I'm driving about 40 the speedo
indicates about 80. Does anyone know who I can talk to to get the correct
speedometer gear?

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell