[Tigers] the Maine United

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] the Maine United
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:05:26 -0400
Where to start. If you clicked on Stu Brennan's photos, you got a taste.

I'm working on a medium size list of folks to thank, but here's a very brief
outline of neat stuff, in no particular order. 14 cars were TAC'd, one guy drove
down from Quebec City, had his car inspected, and then immediately went back
north. Four of his Montreal friends(and Tiger owners) came down and stayed.
These guys are crazy. I couldn't decide whether to commit the lot of them, or
to move to MTL myself, sort of like four Peter Thompson's, if you can picture
that. Loads of fun.

Three extremely nice Alpine Series III's. Anthony and Susan DiBattista's car
is now Tiger Tom's son-in-laws ride. You east coasters know the car. It's the
one where someones pen slipped when they were filling out the order sheet, and
the "give me everything" box was inadvertantly checked off. Chrome wire wheels,
white walls, hardtop, GT version, and so bright red that you really should wear
welders goggles if you're going to stare at it for any length of time. And,
Fred Baum's beautiful red SIII was next to it at the concours, if your eyes
were still functional.

Of course, Tigers outnumbered everything else. Because it was only about a four
hour drive from Boston, we got IIRC one Tiger Mk1 and a couple of Mk1A's that
you could consider survivor cars in veritable showroom fettle, from families
that don't usually make it to far away Uniteds(David Twombly and Dana Freeman,
correct me if I'm off base). Bob Webb brought his pristine '69?  white Rapier,
Kevin Reid came in a really nice early 60's Rapier, and Nick Kinter showed off
his gray Imp, both in the autocross and the concours.

The site itself for both the autocross and the concours(Owls Head Transportation
Museum) is a antique auto and airplane museum on the fringes of the Knox County
airport, near the coast. Biplanes and corporate jets shared the air space during
both of our events

For now, thanks to everyone. It was a super time.