Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Smell

To: maliburevue@yahoo.com, stubrennan@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Smell
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:39:44 EDT
Stu, Gary and all.  I wrote about this problem a  few weeks back. Later i
remembered that I had the same problem 10 yrs. back and  discovered that the
hose from the rocker cover to the air cleaner was  disconnected under the
air cleaner.  I reconnected and the smell went  away.
On my recent engine replacement I never ran this  hose.  I used an "open"
system with only a filtered insert in the rocker  cover. The smell is back.
When my car comes out next Spring, I'm going to  see if that's what is
giving me a smell.
The point is, don't dismiss the possibility that there  is something under
the hood causing the problem.
Mark  L

In a message dated 11/6/2010 2:24:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,