Re: [Tigers] ADU311B, Classic M/Sport, Carroll and Factory Five

To: tigers@autox.team.net, rande@thecia.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ADU311B, Classic M/Sport, Carroll and Factory Five
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:00:14 -0500
Rande:

You mentioned in your post that you could only "image what Shelbys crew had to
do to come up
with the coil spring chassis of the 427."  Actually, by that time, Ford had
their big blue nose way up in "Shelby's business" and when it came time for the
design work to be done on the coil-spring Cobra chassis, they offered up their
design computers and one Bob Negstad, who was the lead Ford GT project
engineer.  The design of the chassis and suspension of the 427 Cobra was due to
Bob's work and expertise in the field of chassis design.  It's always been my
understanding that guys like Phil Remington and Ken Miles were heavily involved
in the informational side of the project, but we have Ford and Bob Negstad to
thank for the design of the coil-spring Cobra chassis.

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE