Re: [Tigers] ADU311B, Classic M/Sport, Carroll and Factory

To: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ADU311B, Classic M/Sport, Carroll and Factory
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 9:31:44 -0500
Jeff:

You're correct...Klaus Arning was heavily involved in the design of the
coil-sprung chassis and does get credit for it in several books.  My info,
however, came directly from Bob Negstad himself.  I used to be on the BOD of
the Oklahoma Region of SAAC years ago and we had Bob in once as our keynote
speaker at what was formerly known as the "Mid-America Shelby Meet" in Tulsa,
OK.  It is my recollection that he was the head of the chassis design
department at Ford at the time and, as such, he took credit for the coil-spung
Cobra chassis.  Maybe time allowed some embelishment of the story; at this
point, who knows!

Thanks for the info,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK