Re: [Tigers] 5 bolt 289 ?

To: "Allan Ballard" <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 5 bolt 289 ?
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:59:13 -0800
According to my High Performance Ford Engine Parts Interchange book the
casting number C40E 6015C would be correct for a 63-64 289 engine block. It
shows all engine block casting numbers as 6015 but nothing for 6016.
There should also be a 4 digit code stamped into the small boss on the top
front left (as viewed from rear) side of the block deck (a water pump bolt
threads into the front of it). This is the date code (year, month and day)
of casting or manufacture.  For example 4F17 would be 1964, June (F being
6th letter of alphabet) and 17th day.

Bob H