Re: [Tigers] starter replacement

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <barncobob@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] starter replacement
From: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:43:18 -0500
Hi all

After some problems this summer, I had my starter replaced with a more
current high torque Ford PMGR starter (Napa Part # 4N9240...$144)) based
upon some recommendations from this List. It is the same starter as for the
early 90s Mustang 302. In addition to being more efficient it is smaller
thereby allowing for some room between the exhaust header and the starter,
which I was lead to believe would help keep down the heat.

Other than some adjustments to the wiring to accomodate the solenoid built
right onto the starter, it was a perfect fit. If you are interested I can
forward a wiring diagram that Tom Parker provided me. I believe Tom also has
this starter installed.

OBTW...consistent with Ron's adviceI did NOT turn in the old starter.

Jim Lindner
B9470033